CMHA is a great place to work! We have a positive and fair workplace culture, where staff are provided with opportunities for learning and advancement. We are also big believers in wellness and work-life balance.
If you care about mental illness and mental health and you have the right skills, then CMHA may be the place for you.
Cariboo Chilcotin Job Postings:
Temporary 2 Year Counselling Position
Summary of Job Description:
The Counsellor is responsible to: provide supportive counselling to those in need and offer assistance to those in crisis; provide counselling to families, individuals and groups; assist individuals and families with conciliation, reunification, communication and relationship building.
The Counsellor will support the client’s personal growth, skill development, learning and assist in cultivating coping strategies, using a Client Centered / Solution Focused counselling approach.
- Prefer Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Minimum 2 year diploma in Social Service field, 1 year of work experience in related field
- Ability to lead individual, group, couple and family sessions
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with team
- Knowledge of relevant community resources
- Intermediate computer skills
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Must agree to undergo a Criminal Records Check
Canadian mental Health Association is committed to the fundamental principles of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, with respect and dignity, and to offer equal employment opportunities based upon an individual’s qualifications and performance – free from discrimination or harassment because of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, or a criminal or summary conviction offence unrelated to a person’s employment or intended employment.
Applicants who have the required qualifications will be given first priority.
Only those applicants short listed will be contacted.
Closing Date: Friday, August, 2018 4:30 p.m.
Please email resume with cover letter to:
Janice Breck, Executive Director
Telephone: 250-398-8220 ext. 2040
(Resumes submitted through Face book will not be considered)
CENTRAL INTERIOR COMMUNITY SERVICES CO-OP
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT – TERM
The Central Interior Community Services Co-op is seeking qualified individuals for the position of Financial Accountant – Term for a period of approximately three months. The successful applicant will perform a variety senior full-cycle accounting and administrative duties in support of several member agencies. The role will report directly to the Finance Manager and will involve special projects across all areas of Finance, Payroll and Accounting as assigned.
- Chartered Professional Accountant or working towards a designation;
- Minimum of four years accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment;
- Payroll experience desired;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Knowledge of SAGE 300 and SAGE 50 software preferred;
- Successful applicant must demonstrate an ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires flexibility and the ability to work under pressure.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
BC Job Opportunities
Current job opportunities are posted below, and can also be found on Charity Village and Working in Mental Health.