Homeless Outreach Program
Funded by BC Housing and the gaming policy and enforcement branch, provides support and advocacy to homeless individuals in williams lake and 100 mile areas. Outreach workers facilitate access to income assistance benefits, accommodations and other essential supports.
Outreach services are available to you if:
- You are an individual or family that does not have a fixed address.
- You are living and sleeping in public spaces, including on the street.
- You need a place to stay in extremely wet or cold winter weather.
- You haven’t found a place to stay since you left a hospital, rehabilitation centre, treatment centre, or correctional facility.
- You need a place to stay so you can leave a situation where you are financially, sexually, physically, or emotionally vulnerable
- You are living in a temporary situation where you don’t know how long you can stay, for example, sleeping on a couch at a friend’s house, or in a place without a rental agreement.
- You have found temporary housing, but need to find something more long-term
- Your landlord gave you notice to move out and you need assistance to find a new place to stay.
Services available for Homeless Outreach Program participants
- Immediate outreach assistance to meet you where you are at. This may include a referral to an emergency shelter for a place to sleep, wash and eat.
- Case-planning assistance to help you get identification, apply for income assistance and set housing goals.
- Assistance to find housing options and provide support with the application and move-in process. Rent supplements may be available to support this process. Outreach workers can accompany you to appointments and/or housing viewings.
- To refer you to support services such as health care, counselling and addiction recovery.
- To help you with more permanent housing options including supportive housing and subsidized housing.
- To be a resource for housing providers/landlords and answer their questions and concerns.
- Ongoing support as required.
Together we strive to decrease the number of people living on the streets, we provide many services that help our community stay strong.
We kindly take donations of gently used furniture and household items to help individuals moving into places.
For anymore information please contact us at 250-398-8220
our Homeless Outreach Worker Wayne Lucier 250-305-4652
or in person at 51 4th ave Williams Lake BC V2G 1J6 (Across From Safeway, downtown Williams lake)